Monday, May 28, 2018

WHITE ROSES IN WINTER

The princess. The pauper. And a shotgun… 
The only thing Jason is focused on is getting through his last year of college. But the instant attraction between him and Kerrie leads to one unforgettable night together. 

When Kerrie’s wealthy, overly-protective father learns she is pregnant, he arranges a temporary marriage to teach her a lesson about choices and consequences. Jason reluctantly agrees to keep his participation in the plan a secret, because it’s the only way he can safeguard his future and his family.

Kerrie is blinded by her romantic fantasy and doesn’t suspect she’s been set up. Meanwhile, Jason guards his heart and vows that when Kerrie leaves with their baby, he won’t beg her to stay. 

Just when it seems a future together is possible, lies, betrayal and deceit threaten to separate Kerrie and Jason forever. Faced with losing each other and their baby, will their fragile bond be strong enough?





Release Date: November 1, 2017
Barbara Meyers, LLC
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's review:

White Roses in Winter is the first book I've read by Barbara Meyers. I really liked both the hero and the heroine in this story. 

Kerrie and Jason come from completely different backgrounds, but are immediately attracted to one another from the moment they first meet. There was really a sweetness about the romance between Kerrie and Jason, or there would have been if her dad wasn't trying to break them up from the moment he found out Kerrie was pregnant. I have to say as much as I liked Kerrie and Jason, I disliked her father more. Ken Huddleston really did believe he could buy anyone with his money, including Jason. I really hated that Kerrie's parents seemed to not believe their own daughter could think for herself and pick the man for her. Yes she had an accidental pregnancy, but as we discovered early on, so had they. I knew her dad probably wouldn't change his mind too quickly, but have to admit I was a bit disappointed at her mother allowing herself to be so easily manipulated. She could see Kerrie had real feelings for Jason, and didn't stand up for her daughter against her husband.

Sadly Kerrie's family wasn't the only person trying to break Jason and her up. Her "best friend" Tiffany had wanted Jason for herself from the moment she saw him. Really the nicest thing I could say about Tiffany was she was a spoiled rotten bitch. I really didn't see anything about her that showed me she would ever be anything but spoiled rotten. She was a user and I was really surprised at how long it took Kerrie to see Tiffany for who she really was. 

I have to say the fact that Kerrie ever forgave her parents for all the put her and Jason through was absolutely amazing. I'm glad both she and Jason saw the importance of family, and did have the forgiveness in their hearts. I do wish both Kerrie and Jason had been more open with each other about how they felt sooner so they could have had fewer misunderstandings along the way.

Overall I did like White Roses in Winter, but did feel that Kerrie and Jason had so many road blocks thrown at them over and over again. It seemed like just as they found some measure of understanding, each time a new roadblock was put up. I'm all for a couple having to work to make their relationship work, but this was almost too much back to back to back. I really enjoyed the romance to the story, but all the roadblocks felt like too much.


Rating: 3 Stars (B-)

No comments: