Monday, February 26, 2018

RULED (HARD RIDERS MC #1)

The Rebel vs. The Princess

Complete opposites who share the same burning passion!

Jaxon Brady of the Hard Riders MC has sworn to protect Evie Kent from a rival gang. His hard muscles and black leather motorcycle boots are a sharp contrast to the girlie dresses Evie wears for her successful party-planning business. Their instant attraction is magnetic, and their lust keeps them glued to each other’s side…but is it a dangerous distraction?

Release Date: February 1, 2018
Harlequin Dare
Hard Riders MC #1
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Wow! Harlequin has sure upped the ante on the sexy times with their new Dare line! I kept saying...this can't be a Harlequin novel, it's way too hot! But alas, it is indeed a Harlequin. This new line is definitely not your Grandmothers romance! 

Rev is a tough as nails ex SEAL. He now spends his days riding with the Hard Riders MC. Is there anything hotter than a guy with gorgeous tattoos riding a Harley? 

Evie is a princess by day. Not a real princess of course, but she wears the costumes for little girls who are celebrating their birthdays. 

What a contrast these two are. He's all leather and tattoos, and she's sparkle and sunshine. But sweet baby Jesus, in the bedroom they are both crazy wicked! Evie is most definitely not a prim and proper princess when the clothes start coming off. Anne Marsh could make a nun blush when these two start in on the sheet yoga. 

One of the things that I struggled with in the book was Rev's lack of edginess. When I read an MC romance I expect a bit more dark and broody; rough around the edges and sometimes not nice. I like him to be redeemable, for sure. But Rev was just a bit too sweet to really fit the roll. Don't get me wrong, I liked his character well enough, but I just wanted...more. I certainly appreciated that there isn't any cheating in this book, which is rampant in many MC books. That alone would be a DNF for me. 

This is my first Anne Marsh novel, and it won't be the last. The writing was thoughtful and kept me interested. She snagged my attention with some of the secondary characters, and I'm looking forward to reading their books in the future. 

This book is a great start to a new series. It was a perfect length to enjoy from start to finish in one evening. If you like your MC romance a bit on the softer side, Ruled is a perfect selection! 



Rating: 3.5 Stars (B+)


No comments: