Wednesday, August 30, 2017

TAKE TO THE LIMIT

They are part of an elite unit. On task. Off grid. These are the men of the Shadow Ops task force. Be seduced and thrilled by Take to the Limit, the next Unbroken Heroes novel by Dawn Ryder. 


Holding out for a hero

A hardened military machine, Bram Magnus is a tough, combat-ready, all-American hero who never surrenders. But the one thing he can't fight? His smoldering, intense attraction to his girlfriend's younger sister. He's always kept his feelings locked deeply down. But when his girlfriend betrays him the night before he ships off to Afghanistan, Bram has one chance to show the woman he's resisted for years that he wants her as fiercely as the first day he saw her.

Ever since her older sister first brought home the soldier with steely hard muscles and piercing eyes, Jaelyn has wanted Bram, and when her sister casts him aside the night before he leaves, Jaelyn can't resist one steamy hot kiss with him. But danger is not far behind, and even as a deadly enemy hunts them, their relationship only grows more explosive. It's all Bram can do to keep Jaelyn safe, but with a threat this powerful, will they pay the ultimate price for their passion?

Release Date: August 29, 2017
Unbroken Heroes #4
St. Martin's Press
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's review:

Take to the Limit is the 4th book in the Unbroken Heroes series from Dawn Ryder. I would like to preface my review with the fact I had not read the first 3 books in the series. I did feel like Take to the Limit read well as a stand-alone story, but do think I would have understood more of the dynamics of some of the other characters had I read the first 3 books first.

Take to the Limit was a good story, but I had some major issues with Bram going from dating LeAnn, the older sister to being with Jaelyn, the younger sister. I understood he and Jaelyn were insanely attracted to one another and had great chemistry, but it kinda weirded me out that he slept with both sisters. I did really like Bram with Jaelyn, but wondered why it didn't bother Jaelyn he had been with her older sister first.

The suspense portion of the story was good, but a little all over the place for me. I think part of that could be how the book was formatted. Honestly I had some trouble figuring out when we changed character point-of-view, as there were very few page breaks or chapter breaks. I did like how intense Bram was when it came to protecting those people he loved. I also found Jaelyn to be a way stronger heroine than I had originally expected and found myself actually having mad respect for her strength.

While I didn't love Take to the Limit, I did like portions of the book. I think maybe had I read the other books in the series first, I would have had a better understanding of all the characters. I did like many of the characters I met in Take to the Limit, and could see myself trying other books in the series to find out more about those characters.

Rating: 3 Stars (C)



No comments: