Monday, July 17, 2017

THE DUKE MEETS HIS MATCH

The daughter of an infamous art forger, Chloe Somerton grew up poor. Desperate to aid her sisters, she’d picked a pocket…or two. Now circumstances have changed, and Chloe has a chance to marry a young, wealthy lord. Only his mentor—a dark, dangerous duke—stands in her way. The duke knows about her past, and she’ll do anything to keep him from telling.

The moment Michael Keswick, the Duke of Cameron, sees Chloe Somerton, he recognizes her as a fraud. The stunning beauty with sapphire eyes and golden hair now appears to be a proper lady, but he knows better. What begins as a battle of wills soon escalates into a fierce attraction. In Chloe, Michael finds peace from the memories of war, but he refuses to marry…and she won’t settle for anything less.

Release Date: July 11, 2017
Entangled: Scandalous
Historical Romance
The Infamous Sumertons #3
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Tina Gabrielle is a new-to-me author, but after reading The Duke Meets His Match, I plan to read many more books from her in the future. In fact, I've already added the first two books in The Infamous Sumertons series to my to-be-read list.

Chloe Somerton was such a fun character. I loved how strong she was and the fact that she was willing to do anything to protect her family. She is now ready to find a husband and has set her eyes on Lord Henry Sefton, who recently inherited an earldom. Michael Keswick, the Duke of Cameron is helping Henry learn the ropes of the earldom and guiding him as he looks for a wife. 

I had to laugh and Henry and Chloe tried to become a couple. There was absolutely no chemistry between them and I seriously felt more like they were brother and sister than a possible couple. However, Michael and Chloe had smoking hot chemistry and I loved the banter between them. I also adored that Chloe recognized Michael still had issues from his time in the war and was the calming presence he needed during those times. I adored Michael and Chloe together. They had amazing chemistry and truly just got each other. The more time they spent together the more I wanted them both to admit their feelings for one another. 

My only issue with Chloe is her constant concern that she was a burden to her family in the past and now. I think that is part of the reason she was so focused on finding a husband now. I'm so glad after she explained her past to Michael; she finally had the courage to share her actions with her sisters. 

The Duke Meets His Match was a wonderful story. As I hadn't read the other two books in the series, I can attest to the fact that it reads well as a stand-alone story. The author did a great job giving the history of the characters so I wasn't lost as I read Chloe's story. I personally believe fans of historical romances will fall in love with Tina Gabrielle's voice.

Rating 4 Stars (B+)

Buy Links:




No comments: