Thursday, June 15, 2017

LUCKY SERIES REVIEWS

Derek Corwin is well aware of the family curse - every Corwin male who married for love would be destined to lose his woman and his fortune. He decides to outsmart the prophecy that has plagued his family for generations by breaking up with his first love—and marrying someone else. Now, divorced and broke, all he has left is his teenage daughter, a boatload of regret … and wariness when it comes to love. 

Until Gabrielle Donovan returns, determined to rekindle their passion. Will her stubborn streak and her unwavering love be the lucky charm Derek so desperately needs? 



Re-Release Date: June 6, 2017
CP Publishing
Lucky Trilogy #1
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I adore a reunion story and absolutely fell in love with Derek and Gabrielle's reunion story. I love that while the entire Corwin clan believes in the Corwin Curse, Gabrielle is there to write a book to disprove the curse. I also loved that Derek's daughter Holly and Gabrielle connected the moment they met in the mall. 

The chemistry between Derek and Gabby is every bit as strong now as it was when they were younger. Seriously thought Derek was a little bit crazy to put so much faith in a curse instead of the woman he loved who loved him back all those years ago. I seriously loved Derek and Gabby together and felt like they pretty much picked up where they left off in high school. I liked that Derek owned his mistakes in the past by trying to protect himself from the curse. The more time Derek and Gabby spent together, to more I believed they could beat the odds and make everything work between them. I loved seeing Derek be so protective of both Gabby and Holly and it totally gave me hope for them to work everything out in the end.

I didn't love that Derek's ex-wife was so unfair about his time with Holly. It made her seem petty and bitchy quite honestly. It really bothered me that she used their daughter to get back at Derek. I think it was especially hard for her to see Derek and Gabby together knowing she had always been the love of his life. I did like that Derek owned up to his mistake in the past and his ex finally seemed to see the light thanks to her new husband. 

Lucky Charm was a great start to the Lucky series. Ms. Phillips gave the readers all the background needed to learn about the curse between the Corwin and Perkins families, yet kept the curse in the background of the story. The focus was always about the romance between Derek and Gabby. I absolutely loved watching them fall in love all over again and find a way to make their relationship work. Re-reading Lucky Charm made me fall back in love with the entire Corwin clan all over again. I adored the original version and the updated version of Lucky Charm.

Rating: 5 Stars (A) 

Buy Links:



When Mike Corwin awakens after some wild partying in Vegas $100,000 richer and married to Amber Rose Brennan, the gorgeous woman he met the night before, he thinks he's hit the jackpot. The bad news is that Amber's a con who takes his money and runs. Seems the family jinx has finally hit him. Hard.

But to Amber, Mike isn't business as usual. If only she didn't need the money to ensure her father's safety, she might actually have fallen for the intense lawman. Instead, she's forced to betray him.

Now Mike's hell-bent on divorce and Amber's on the run…but when a twist of fate reunites them, can they turn their run of bad fortune into a lucky streak that lasts forever?

Liza’s Review:

Carly Phillips is one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. She is an auto-buy author for me and all of her books are on my keeper shelf. Carly delivers another winner with Lucky Streak. I really loved Lucky Charm, the first book in the Lucky series, but loved Mike’s and Amber’s story even more.

Mike, understandably is pretty pissed off at Amber when he wakes the morning after they get married to discover she is gone and took his $150,000 in Vegas winnings with her. Unknown to him, she only took the money to save her dad. However, being a lawman, he really looks at life in a pretty black and white way. Amber shows up on Mike’s doorstep and they soon realize she needs his help to stay safe. Although, Mike is still angry at Amber and really doesn’t trust her, he can’t fight his attraction to her. Mike and Amber are so hot together. Mike decides the best way to keep her safe is to take her to his dad’s house in his hometown. Of course, Mike’s dad doesn’t really like change and is obsessed with the Corwin Curse. Edward Corwin is one of the funniest characters I’ve ever seen in a book. He made me laugh out loud many times. I really loved Amber and think she was my favorite character in the book. She is such a strong woman and will do anything to help out those people she loves. Mike will also do anything for the people he loves; he is just much more guarded about his feelings.

I really loved Lucky Streak and have Lucky Break, the final book in the Corwin Curse series in my TBR pile. I read so many different genres of romance, I forget how much I enjoy contemporary stories until I find a great one. Lucky Streak definitely counts as one of the great ones in my opinion.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

Buy Links:


Jason Corwin knows he should resist his attraction to Lauren Perkins. After all, it was one of her ancestors who came up with the curse that has plagued every Corwin male to misery and the single life. But after one night of mind-blowing sex with his supposed—and very seductive—enemy, he can't bring himself to stay away. 

All Lauren wants is to sell her late grandmother's old house and leave the past behind forever. But that's not an easy thing to do with gorgeous contractor Jason Corwin whispering sweet, sexy somethings in her ear. About staying. Can she be the lucky break that Jason needs?

Re-Release Date: June 6, 2017
Lucky Series #3
Contemporary Romance
CP Publishing
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I've enjoyed each book in the Lucky series, and have to say Jason and Lauren pretty much stole my heart from the moment they saw each other again. I loved they couldn't keep their hands off each other from the very first moment they were around one another.  The fact her family placed the curse on his family only made their attraction to one another more fun for me.

Even with the curse between them and family issues, Jason couldn't stay away from Lauren. I loved how protective he was of her, especially as stuff started going wrong at her grandmother's house. I had an idea who was behind some of it, but it was a bit of a mystery to me how this person was able to pull some of the stunts off. Of course, a couple of the issues were well meaning matchmakers, but those just made me laugh.

Jason and Lauren were such a great couple. They had both sweet and sexy moments when they were together. I felt like they both got the other in a way no one else really did. Not that they didn't have issues, as Lauren has plans to move to New York to be a fashion designer and Jason is a contractor in Stewart. Of course, Jason really was settling by being a contractor after his snow-boarding dreams went up in smoke. I just knew that Jason and Lauren could figure out a way to make both their dream careers come true, as well as they worked together to figure out who was behind all the upheaval at Lauren's grandmother's house. 

Lucky Break was a wonderful wrap up to the Lucky series. I loved that we not only got Jason and Lauren's happily ever after, but also got to catch up with the rest of the Corwin clan. I loved that it took the Corwin and Perkins clans working together to settle everything about the Corwin Curse. The Lucky series remains one of my favorite series of books from Carly Phillips.

Rating: 5 Stars (A-)

Buy Links:



No comments: