Thursday, June 29, 2017

COLD MEMORY REVIEW

Meet the Extrasensory Agents...A team of hot psychics who can solve the coldest of crimes! 

Mick Tanner's ability to touch an item and know its entire history made him a hit in the sideshow, but has made personal relationships difficult. The closest one he's ever had is with the uncle who raised him in the carnival. So when members of that community begin to die in mysterious ways, there's nothing he won't do to help. 

Chief of Police Gypsy Bell remembers Mick as a smug pain-in-the-ass, but he's grown up to be a very sexy, fascinating man. And like it or not, she needs his help to figure out the mystery that's plaguing her tiny town. Because this killer has a plan, a motive, and several targets. He's out to right a wrong...no matter how many people he has to kill to do it.

Release Date: January 30, 2017
Extrasensory Agents #3
LK Books
Paranormal Romance/Romantic Suspense

Liza’s Review:

I've loved Leslie Kelly's books since I first discovered her writing. I adore her sexy romances, but truly believe she found her voice when she started writing her darker paranormal romance/romantic suspense books. Seriously her Black CATs and Extrasensory Agents books keep me on the edge of my seat while reading and even awake at night as I don't want to stop reading until I know everything that has happened. Cold Memory is absolutely another winner in the Extrasensory Agents series.

First let me just say finding out Mick's history with his grandfather had me crying like a freaking baby. It's not very often I want to throat-punch a character, but I wanted to throat-punch his grandfather. His abuse of an innocent child had me ready to kill a fictional character, and I can only remember that happening with one character before in another series. 

I love that Mick and Gypsy had known each other as kids. No they really weren't friends growing up, but because they had both been around the carnival, they understood the lifestyle and how to work to solve the mystery before someone they both love is a victim. I liked that Gypsy and Mick both gave each other crap from childhood even as adults. However, I absolutely loved how Gypsy went out of her way to be in Mick's environment without causing him issues later. Mick's touch ability has always kept him from letting too many people into his home and his life. I loved that Gypsy thought of ways to keep Mick's home safe from her presences as much as possible. I absolutely loved seeing Mick and Gypsy grow closer and finally act on the attraction that had been building between them from the moment they saw each other again.

I'm usually pretty good about figuring out the who-done-it in a romantic suspense. I will say I figured out the why long before I figured out the whom. With each new murder it was easier and easier to see a connection between the characters. I was very surprised with the death of a character that had nothing to do with the other murders occurred. I understood it needed to happen, but I had really come to like this character, so it broke my heart to witness that death.

Ms. Kelly kept me on the edge of my seat pretty much from the start of Cold Memory. It had all the elements of a great romance, with the addition of paranormal elements and suspense, which I absolutely adore. I'm so glad to see we will get more books in the Extrasensory Agents series in the future and am still hoping for one particular character's story. I highly recommend Cold Memory to all readers who love romances with strong paranormal and suspenseful elements.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

Buy Links:




No comments: