Monday, May 15, 2017

GOING IN DEEP (BILLIONAIRE BAD BOYS #4)

He isn't Mr. Nice Guy… 



Julian Dane thought he'd hit rock bottom — until he met a woman (isn't that what they all say?). He used her and broke her heart. Now he wants to turn things around but the damage he dealt stands in his way. 



Kendall Parker's unique issues have made it hard to live a normal life. Very few people understand her and she trusts even less … but she believed in Julian once, and he only betrayed her. 



Now Julian is back — a new man — and determined to win Kendall's heart. But this reformed bad boy just might find that Going in Deep is harder than it looks. 



Billionaire Bad Boys: Rich, Powerful and Sexy as hell. 
All Billionaire Bad Boys Novels stand alone! 

Release Date: May 9, 2017
Billionaire Bad Boys #4
CP Publishing
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:


I really hated Julian for using Kendall in the way he did in Going Down Easy, and have to say the first way he started redeeming himself to me was by owning his past choices rather than saying they were mistakes. I also started to take into consideration he was unaware of Kendall's illness when they were together, as Kendall had never shared the fact she was bipolar, though that still didn't give Julian the right to use Kendall. As Julian started to share his background and his family's background with Kendall, it gave me more insight into why he became and addict and made the choice he made along the way.  Julian truly had been through hell and back and while I didn't agree with many of his actions, I did finally understand why he made the choices from his past.

Kendall had been through hell thanks to her mental illness. Now that she is finally able to stay on a solid therapy plan, medicine plan, and has found an outlet and a job she loves working with rescue dogs. She is just starting to feel like her life is on a firm footing when Julian shows back up in her life. I loved that Kendall was super wary of Julian when he first showed up, even as she was still completely drawn to him. I found myself loving that while Kendall didn't fall right back in with Julian, she did listen to him explain his past and finally shared her medical issues as well. 

Kendall and Julian totally had an uphill battle to be in a long-term relationship with Kendall's family. While I felt like Kendall and Julian both made mistakes in the present with regards to their future, I loved they both came out strong once each got their heads back on straight. The chemistry between Kendall and Julian was every bit as strong as it was in the past. I actually felt it was even stronger now, as they both were being honest with one another.

Going in Deep gave me all the feels. I laughed, sighed, got angry a few times, and cried both sad and happy tears. I love when a story makes me feel a myriad of emotions, and Ms. Phillips did it in spades with Going in Deep. Julian and Kendall's redemption story was everything and more than I expected, and is hands down one of the best stories Carly Phillips has ever written.

Rating: 5 Stars (A+) 

Nikki’s Review:

The anticipation for this book was utterly insane. As soon as I heard that Julian and Kendall were getting their own book I was happy, but also skeptical. I wasn't sure how this story would work. I wasn't even sure I wanted them together!

I hated Julian in book 1. He was not a nice person. What he did to Kendall was just mean and truly awful. I had very strong reactions towards him. Carly wrote this character, in my opinion, to be unredeemable. I've often thought about how she would be able to pull this off. I was worried that I would come away from,  Going In Deep still disliking Julian. 

It turns out that Julian has all sorts of baggage and his own demons that he's been fighting for a long time. What I loved in this book was how he never used his circumstances as an excuse for his behaviour. It was just what pushed him into his self-destructive period. I gotta tell ya, I fell for Julian pretty quickly in this book. I couldn't believe that Ms. Phillips was able to make my feelings flip so fast! How crazy talented is that! I wanted to hold onto my dislike for Julian, but it was impossible. As soon as I saw into his heart I was a goner.

Jeezus...Kendall has been dragged through the mud backwards. Her mental illness has kept her from so much in life. It's made her incredibly sad and alone. It's also been difficult for her twin sister who has cared and picked up after her. After being betrayed by Julian and then getting the real help she needed, she's finally living a life that is providing some happiness. Her trust issues are definitely there, but she's moving forward.

When Kendall makes the decision to give Julian a chance to prove that he's a changed man, I found myself holding my breath. I was waiting for him to screw up and tear her down again. This was an intense journey into forgiveness and redemption. I felt so many emotions while reading this book. 

I absolutely love that Carly Phillips is not afraid to write about difficult subject matters. Her characters in this series have seemed so real to me. They're characters that readers can relate with. Mental illness is often debilitating and isolating for the person suffering. And I think the author depicted that very accurately in this book.

This was a beautiful story. The journey to Julian and Kendall's happily ever after was full of obstacles and plenty of heartache. But I think it was worth it. The bond between the two characters is incredible and so deserving of the fight to get what they both wanted...love and happiness.

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Buy Links:

Google Play http://amzn.to/2pYdKA6
Paperback http://amzn.to/2q0da2v



No comments: