Monday, April 24, 2017

FAKING IT (BOOK BOYFRIEND #2)

Confirmed bachelor Max Sterling isn't into rescuing damsels in distress, but when the very tempting Hailey Ellison needs his help, there's only one thing for him to do. Step in and pose as her loving fiancé. Except there is nothing fake about his attraction to her, or how much he wants her beneath him in his bed, moaning his name. But what starts as a sexy, flirty, temporary engagement, quickly becomes something more serious that neither one ever anticipated.



Release Date: April 11, 2017
CP Publishing
Book Boyfriend #2
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

Faking It is the 2nd book in the Book Boyfriend series from Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde. Seriously two of my absolute favorite authors teaming up to give me book heaven once again. I loved everything about Max and Hailey's story.

I absolutely fell in love with Max Sterling as I read more and more of Faking It. He is such a sexy and strong hero. He actually looks at people and sees them for more than what is on the outside. I loved how much he cared for and wanted Hailey pretty much from the moment they met. I also loved how attracted Hailey was to Max from the moment they met. So much so that he was on her mind when they were away from one another. I adored Hailey and Max as a couple. Their attractions was off the charts hot and Max helped Hailey see herself the way he saw her. 

The fake engagement between Max and Hailey was destined to be real pretty much from the moment they agreed to it. Max and Hailey both liked each other as individuals, but needed help for personal reasons and business reasons. Max wanted to get away from stalker Addison, who was a family friend who wouldn't take no for an answer and Hailey is a successful matchmaker with no boyfriend. Max and Hailey worked on every level as a couple for me. Max took things slowly to earn Hailey's trust and Hailey became so much happier and stronger for having Max in her life first as a friend and then a lover.

Faking It was one of those books I wanted to re-read as soon as I finished reading it the first time. In fact, I've already read it twice and loved it just as much on the second reading. Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde give their readers characters to fall in love with and feel like you could be friends with as well. I highly recommend Faking It to all lovers of contemporary romances.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

Nikki’s Review:

Two very talented authors made another book baby! I love when Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde put their phenomenal writing skills together and make perfection happen!

This book was pure fun. It's one of those books that keeps you smiling while getting lost in the romance. And the romance is blistering hot! 

Max and Hailey are incredibly likeable characters. They are both genuinely nice people. Max is all hunky and smouldering bedroom eyes. Hailey is the nice girl next door with a healthy dose of body insecurities. I think a lot of women can relate to Hailey's issues. She's hard on herself regarding her size. She's healthy and beautiful, but all she's able to see is her perceived "flaws". Just like a lot of women, she's her own worst critic. Max thinks she's the cats ass! He wants her something fierce! 

These two are faking an engagement. Emotions aren't suppose to come into play...ha! The heart wants what the heart wants! And so does the body!

I really adored these two together. They have chemistry that just leaps off of the page. The love scenes in this book are both romantic and wickedly spicy! I love me some spice!

I can always count on Ms. Phillips and Ms. Wilde to write a solid story. And like all the other books, I wasn't disappointed with this one. The plot sucked me in and kept my attention until the very end. I laughed, I was angry, and my heart fluttered. All the emotions were in this one. The writing is nothing short of wonderful!

How these two authors keep coming up with storylines that stay fresh and entertaining is a wonder. Each book they write together gets better and better. As always, it was a true pleasure to spend time in the "world" they have created. You should totally read this book!

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Buy Links:

Amazon US http://amzn.to/2mW6u49
Amazon UK https://goo.gl/FOhLyF
i
Google Play https://goo.gl/LQd7RV
Add to GoodReads https://goo.gl/1s65ON


No comments: