Wednesday, March 01, 2017

GOING DOWN HARD (BILLIONAIRE BAD BOYS #3)

A stand-alone Billionaire Bad Boys novel.

Billionaire Bad Boys: Rich, Powerful and sexy as hell.

Derek West rose from poverty to take the tech world by storm. He's sexy, confident and gets any woman he wants. And who he wants is Cassie Storm, the rich girl he’s never been good enough for.

She’s desperate to save her family company and there’s only one man who can help. But Derek isn’t interested in helping. He wants to possess both the company and the woman he’s never been able to forget.

His plan? To screw her out of his head. Except once he’s had a taste of Cassie, he doesn’t want to let her go. Her family remembers where he came from, and they won’t allow it. When the truth about their pasts comes to light, though, it may be Cassie who’s going down hard.

Release Date: February 21, 2017
CP Publishing, LLC
Contemporary Romance 
Billionaire Bad Boys #3
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:


Derek and Cassie knew each other as teens, as Derek's parents worked for Cassie's parents. I'll be honest and say after an interaction between Cassie and her friends when she was in high school; I was a little worried about liking her. I didn't like how she acted when talking with her rich friends about Derek. However, my fears were quickly dispelled when Cassie was absolutely up front with Derek and apologized the very first time they saw each other again for how she acted.  Her actions showed me Cassie was truly sorry for her actions all those years ago and gave me hope Derek and Cassie could have a real relationship. I did worry some about Derek letting go of some of the past regarding Cassie's parents and his parents. Honestly I completely understood his anger at Cassie's dad, but worried in the long run it would be too big of an obstacle for them to have in their relationship.

I loved that there was amazing chemistry between Derek and Cassie from the moment they saw one another again. Seriously their lovemaking steamed up the screen on my kindle it was so hot. I found myself loving how protective Derek was of Cassie and actually felt like she was pretty protective of him as well as she continued to learn more and more about his past. I love that Derek stepped up to help Cassie out each time her dad and brother were totally tools. I seriously hated both Cassie's dad and her brother so much as I saw how they both treated Cassie much of the time. I will say I felt like her father finally stepped up for his daughter by the end of the book.

Derek and Cassie both had to work to get past everything that had happened in the past. I loved that Cassie wasn't willing to accept the story she had always been told about Derek's parents leaving once she heard his side of the story. Honestly, I figured out what had really happened long before it was discovered, but have to say I loved how Cassie's parent responded to the truth. I think their response was part of why I knew that Derek and Cassie could make it despite their past. I found myself loving them more and more as a couple as they dealt with all that had happened in the past and move forward with their future.

While I feel like Going Down Hard can completely be read as a stand alone book, as it focuses on Cassie and Derek's story, I did love we got to spend time with all the characters from the first two books. I believe you understand the dynamics of all the characters better by reading all the books in order.  I love we will finally get Kendall and Julian's story with Going In Deep. I've loved the first 3 books in the series and have a feeling that Kendall and Julian's story will destroy me in the best way possible.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

Nikki’s Review:

I always feel like I've been given the keys to the kingdom when a Carly Phillips ARC hits my email. I know I'm going to happily lose myself for hours in her books.

This book has a little bit of everything! It's incredibly romantic and sweet, but there's also a ton of emotion that emanates from both characters. As if those qualities weren't enough to keep me interested, the sexy times are steamy and raunchy in all
the rights ways!

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching each "bad boy" fall for his lady. But I think Derek's book may very well be my favourite! His heroine, Cassie, is perfect for him. Even with past misunderstandings and completely different backgrounds, they find common footing in their attraction for one another.

I really loved that Derek and Cassie were upfront and honest with each other. They didn't sabotage their relationship before it even got started. That was really refreshing! I found both of these characters incredibly strong and brave. Cassie had to learn to stand up to her pompous family. She had to push to be seen as an intelligent woman, who's value as a person and a professional, is immeasurable. Derek had to learn to trust Cassie, and to let the past go. That's not easy when he's been holding onto his anger and need for revenge for so many years.

I really think all challenges that the characters had to overcome only solidified their determination to be together. It kept coming back to them just wanting it enough to make it work...and they did! 

Ms. Phillips has an incredible ability to draw so many emotions out of me. I can always find myself giggling at the witty banter, getting a lump in my throat during a "Black moment", or have my pulse race when things get hot and heavy. No matter what I'm feeling, I'm always excited to be on the journey with the characters. And this book was no different!

The writing is brilliant in this book. There wasn't a moment that I found myself thinking of anything other than Cassie and Derek. I may have eaten cereal for dinner while reading this book. Putting the book down for longer than that was out of the question!

I highly recommend you start with book #1, Going Down Easy, to get the full picture of the three friends. Plus, missing out on Kade and Lucas's books would be tragic! I'm already counting down the days until the next book. I'm not sure how Carly can redeem Julian. I don't know if it's possible, but if any author can do it, she can! 

Rating: 4.5 Stars (A)

Buy Links:


No comments: