Friday, October 14, 2016

GOING DOWN FAST (BILLIONAIRE BAD BOYS #2)

Billionaire Bad Boys: Rich, Powerful and sexy as hell.

Lucas Monroe dropped out of college only to become a multi-billionaire and tech world God. He can have any woman he desires in his bed, but the only woman he's ever wanted is off limits and always has been. 

When Maxie Sullivan finds herself in dire straights, the only man she can turn to is the one she’s always secretly loved: her childhood best friend.

Can they trust their hearts and make a future, or will their complicated pasts stand in the way?

This bad boy is going down fast …
And going down fast has never felt so right.

The second stand-alone novel in the Billionaire Bad Boys series by New York Times Bestseller Carly Phillips.

Release Date: October 11, 2016
CP Publishing, LLC
Billionaire Bad Boys #2
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

Going Down Fast is the second book in the Billionaire Bad Boys series from Carly Phillips. I loved the first book in the series, but have to say that Going Down Fast was even better than Going Down Easy. I feel like I'm about to wax poetically about this book, when what I really want to say is just, buy this book, trust me you will thank me later.

I'll be honest; Going Down Fast does not start out with sunshine and rainbows. Maxie is actually married to Keith, who is Lucas's older brother, and pregnant when the book opens. Keith is everything his brother isn't and Maxie as usual has to depend on Lucas when she needs help as she miscarries her baby late in the pregnancy. Ms. Phillips has shown she isn't afraid to deal with tough subjects, and she handled Maxie losing the baby with respect and showed how the loss can affect the person longterm.

I won't say I was sad to find out Keith had died. As I said before he was the exact opposite of his brother Lucas and it only became more apparent the more time passed. I will say for everything he did wrong to Maxie and Lucas, at least his mistakes pushed Maxie and Lucas together following his death. I absolutely love the friends to lovers trope, so when I found out Maxie and Lucas had been friends since they were kids, I knew this book would be a favorite.

I have to say that Maxie is one of the strongest heroines ever. She has been put through hell and is even stronger now. I loved that while she had to depend on Lucas for a home after Keith died, she still plans to stand on her own two feet and support herself as quickly as possible. She is still suffering from losing her baby, and while it broke my heart, I was so glad it was part of the story as it was so true to life.

Lucas was your typical high school computer nerd in high school. He was always in his more athletic brother's shadow in school at even at home. He now had a successful company with his best friends and has bulked up since he left high school. Lucas is everything his brother never was, a man of moral integrity who struggles with the fact that he has always been in love with his best friend.

The attraction between Lucas and Maxie was obvious from the very first time we saw them on the page together. I loved they both had been attracted to each other since they were teenagers. I loved the chemistry between them. They were comfortable enough as friends to still have the sweetness to their chemistry, but also had some pretty smoking hot sex and couldn't keep their hands off each other. 

The fact that Keith's death and his actions before his death continued to cause Lucas and Maxie problems made me angry, especially as more and more about Keith was revealed. I did love working together to figure out everything only brought Lucas and Maxie closer, but hated they had that shadow over their new relationship. However, I really do feel they only grew closer because of all they went through.

Going Down Fast pulled me in from the first page and I literally couldn't put this book down until I finished reading it. I highly recommend Going Down Fast to all contemporary romance readers and can't wait to read more books in the Billionaire Bad Boys series.

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Nikki’s Review:

It's difficult to find the right words to express my thoughts on this book, or the series thus far. And it's not because the books are lacking; quite the opposite...they rocked! What I've noticed and appreciated with this book and the first book, Going Down Easy, is that the author, Carly Phillips, is touching on sensitive and often hard to talk about subjects. In book #1 it was mental illness and the horrible stigmatizations that come with it. And now she's bringing to the forefront an issue that shreds so many women and their partners...pregnancy loss. Oy! The first chapter just gutted me. The feelings coming from the heroine were palpable and so very raw. 

Maxie and Lucas are such great characters. I loved that they had a history. The friends to lovers trope is a favourite of mine. There's often baggage that has to be sifted through before they can find their path to each other. And there is a whole lotta baggage between these two! But even in the darkest moments there's so much chemistry. Sometimes it's more of a supportive friendship thing, other times it's all lust and bedroom eye glances!

Lucas is a computer geek, but that doesn't make him any less sexy. He oozes sex appeal and smarts. Hell, I have my very own hot computer geek at home, so that trait in Lucas was very enjoyable! Maxie is a woman determined to make it on her own. Sometimes her determination is a wee bit of a detriment to her; it's keeping her from seeing what's standing right in front of her...Lucas. 

These two butt heads but it only adds to the appeal. Because if you're butting heads, sometimes bumping uglies comes right after! And that part was delicious. Ms. Phillips writes scrumptious sexy times!

This series is so many things. It's funny, it's suspenseful, it's hot and sexy, it's romantic, and it's also gut wrenching. So many emotions wrapped up in this beautiful package. Each installment just grabs a hold of my heart and keeps me entangled in the lives of the characters until the very last page. I can hardly wait for book #3, for the last bachelor to fall hard for his heroine.

If you're looking for a book and or series that have a whole lotta heart and soul...and smokin' hot bed yoga, check out, The Billionaire Bad Boys...you won't be disappointed!

Rating: 5 Stars (A+)

Buy Links:

print Amazon - http://amzn.to/2cL57mw

Audio coming soon!


No comments: