Friday, March 18, 2016

MIDNIGHT MARKED (CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES #12)

As the Chicagoland Vampires series continues, Merit and Ethan find themselves in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse, where winning may require the ultimate sacrifice...

A vampire’s grudges don’t stay dead long...

Merit is one of Chicago's most skilled vampire warriors; these days, she doesn't scare easily. But she and Master vampire Ethan have made a new and powerful enemy, and he won't give up until he owns the Windy City.

With his last plan thwarted, he's more determined than ever to watch Cadogan burn. Ethan has put the House's vampires on high alert, but their enemy will stop at nothing, including pitting vampire against vampire...

In this deadly game of cat-and-mouse, the stakes are life or death—and winning might mean sacrificing everything... 

Release Date: March 1, 2016
Penguin Group NAL
Chicagoland Vampire #12
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s review:

I fell in love with the Chicagoland Vampire series when I read the very first book. Merit is one of my favorite characters in the Urban Fantasy genre and I've loved watching her character grow over the course of the series. Merit has now been a vampire for one year, and she is finally figuring out her place in the supernatural's world.

I love that we got to spend at least a little bit of time with so many of my favorite characters in Midnight Marked. I love that Merit and Mallory are back on track, and totally cracked up about Mallory worrying she and Catcher might have a lack-luster sex life now that they are married, especially when she talks about the number to times per day they are having sex. 

As it's become the norm in the Chicagoland Vampires series, Merit and Ethan and all the vampires in Cadogan House are the ones to step up to not only solve the crimes that occur between the supernaturals, but keep the city of Chicago safe. I know Merit is a member of the Red Guard (RG), but I really thought they had pretty much disbanded since they never really seem to do anything but stay under the radar. I have to say I pretty much cheered when Merit met with the RG and gave them a piece of her mind.

I loved the romance in Midnight Marked so much. The fact that the date night between Merit and Ethan and Mallory and Catcher is at Wrigley Field for a Cubs game made me super happy. I love that Ethan knows Merit so well; he knows that is the one place she hasn't been able to go to since becoming a vampire. I love that even when Merit and Ethan are fighting with each other, they still have each other's backs against anyone else. 

I honestly didn't realize we only have one more book in the Chicagoland Vampires series until I saw it posted on another review. While I hate to see this series end because I love the characters so very much, I also have trusted Ms. Neill since early on in the series to know the characters and their direction. I only hope the wrap up in Book 13 gives me everything I've been waiting for with my favorite characters.


Midnight Marked is a great addition to the Chicagoland Vampires series. I seriously couldn't put the book down and I'm already counting down until we get the epic finale to this series. 

No comments: