Saturday, December 12, 2015

RESCUE ME (MEN OF HONOR #3)

Keith is a soldier with a wounded heart. 
Torie’s secrets haunt her. 
Can they trust love enough to mend what’s broken? 

Torie Walker is a police officer with a past she’d like to stay hidden from. Staying at her best friend’s cabin in the mountains over Christmas is just what she needs. However, when a handsome cowboy saunters into her life, she takes the risk and trusts him with her secrets. 

Keith Scott is a United States Marine. Home for the holidays, he intends to spend a quiet Christmas with his family. What he doesn’t plan on is Torie Walker, a woman who mends his heart and makes him want to love again.

Release Date: November 3, 2015
Lara Van Hulzen Edition 1
Men of Honor #3
Review copy provided by author for honest review

Lara Van Hulzen is new-to-me author. Rescue Me is the 3rd book in the Men of Honor series, yet read well as a stand-alone story. Rescue Me is also a sweet inspirational romance.

I adored both Torie and Keith as individuals and as they moved toward being a couple. Both are such strong characters yet they each had secrets from their pasts that kept them from finding happiness.  I did feel that it seemed like anything that could have every happened to a person, had happened to Torie, so that was a bit off-putting for me. I also didn't love that Keith didn't waited so long to share with Torie about what had happened in his past. 

I did feel like Keith helped Torie realize how strong she was and helped her find her strength once again in her faith. I understood why Torie had distanced herself from her faith with all she had been through, and loved that Keith and his family could help her slowly find her faith again.

I'll be honest and say I really don't read many inspirational romances. Not that I don't enjoy those types of stories, but more because I enjoy more heat in my romances. I felt like Rescue Me was a very well written story and was a very fast read. I think Rescue Me would be enjoyed by fans of inspirational romances.

BUY LINK
Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013S2B4MO?keywords=rescue%20me%20lara%20van%20hulzen&qid=1445893366&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

LARA VAN HULZEN

BIO
Lara Van Hulzen received her BA in Journalism from Point Loma Nazarene University in 1994. Her first published article was when she was a senior in high school. She has worked as a book reviewer for the past 18 years with various organizations such as Crossings Doubleday, YouthWorker Journal, and Radian Lit. She is a member of the Romance Writers of America, Inspired Christian Writers, and American Christian Fiction Writers. She lives with her husband three children in Northern California.

CONTACT LINKS
www.laramvanhulzen.com
assistant.vanhulzen@gmail.com
twitter.com/laravanhulzen
facebook.com/laravanhulzen
instagram.com/she_writes_romance
pinterest.com/lmvanhulzen



No comments: