Tuesday, August 11, 2015

WOLF TROUBLE (SWAT)

He's in trouble with a capital T...

There's never been a female on the Dallas SWAT team and Senior Corporal Xander Riggs prefers it that way. The elite pack of alpha male wolfshifters is no place for a woman. But Khaki Blake is no ordinary woman.

When Khaki walks through the door attractive as hell and smelling like heaven, Xander doesn't know what the heck to do. Worse, she's put under his command and Xander's protective instincts go on high alert. When things start heating up both on and off the clock, it's almost impossible to keep their heads in the game and their hands off each other...

Release Date: August 4, 2015
Sourcebook Casablanca
SWAT series book 2
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Wolf Trouble is my first Paige Tyler book. I'm a huge fan of shifter romance novels. I enjoyed this book but I didn't love it. Now, I know you don't love everything you read, but I had high hopes for this one. The synopsis really grabbed me.

Xander is a uber yummy and super alpha wolf shifter. And he's part of the SWAT team and carries a gun...see? Yummy! The author did a great job of writing his character. He was exactly what I like in a wolf shifter. All growly, stubborn and stoic. He's lusting hard For Khaki (yes that's her name. I seriously struggled over that! ) but he's conflicted with all these crazy feelings and the fact that he's her superior. In all honesty, he was a jerk to her. But I liked him anyway.

Khaki ( Ugh, that name makes my teeth ache ) is a baby werewolf. She's just discovering her abilities and has transferred from a job at another police department. She left a bad situation with a douchy ex behind. She quickly comes to see her other SWAT members as family. They're all werewolves and they treat her like a real member of the pack. Being the only woman can be trying but she proves herself more and more each day. She has no idea what to do with her growing attraction for her boss, Xander. I found myself getting tired with the slow pace at which the two of them moved. There wasn't all that much build up either. He was an ass most of the time and she was always so indecisive in how to handle him. It kinda drove me bat shit crazy to be honest! I kept waiting for something to happen. I spent too much time inside their heads listening to them whine.

When they finally got together it went from zero to sixty...thank goodness! Holy smokin' sex scenes! There was fangs and claws, shredded clothes, love scratches on body parts, and lots of sexy snarling! Paige Tyler writes good sex...really good sex! Once the bumping and grinding started, it was full throttle!

I wish that Khaki and Xander could have figured their stuff out sooner. The first entire half of the book was spent listening to them moan and groan. I didn't get a good sense of them as a couple when they stopped fighting their attraction. Sure, they were great together physically, but emotionally? I didn't feel much from either character.

There was some mild action in this book. The ex makes several appearances and causes problems. I would have liked a more solid back story. Some more meat to dig into, you know?


This was book two in the series, and I'd like to go back and read the first. Gage and Mac intrigued me; I'd like to get to know them better. Again, I didn't love this book but I did enjoy it and I would like to read more books by Ms. Tyler.

No comments: