Thursday, August 27, 2015

BACK TO YOU (THE HURLEY BOYS #3)

Former model Kelly Hurley has finally put the ashes of the past behind her. After a passionate but turbulent marriage to rock star Vaughan Hurley that ended in heartbreak and divorce, Kelly rebuilt her life in Portland, where she settled so their two young daughters could be close to their father. Just not so close Kelly couldn’t truly make her own way without interference from the man who shattered her heart. Now Kelly’s finally ready to move on, and she’s planning to marry another man.

But not if Vaughan has anything to say about it.

Vaughan knows he was a fool all those years ago. A young, selfish—and prideful—fool. Even as he buried himself in the fast, decadent rock star lifestyle, he could never drown out the memory of Kelly’s beauty and love. Or the sweet, searing heat whenever they touched. For years, he’s had to deal with the pain of seeing her only because of their daughters, but it was never enough. Now Vaughan must prove that he’s the only man Kelly needs, before he loses her for good. And there’s only one way to do it….

Release Date:May 26, 2015
Harlequin HQN
Hurley Boys #3


I'm a huge fan of Lauren Dane and totally had my fan-girl moment when I met her at RWA this summer. Seriously I'm pretty sure I stumbled over every single word I said to her, but did get a picture with her. I love all her books, but the Hurley Boys series has an extra special place in my heart.

I absolutely adored Back to You and can say without a doubt it is my favorite book in the series. I've wanted Vaughan and Kelly back together since the very first book and knew it would take Vaughan getting his head out of his butt for them to become a family again.

I love both Kelly and Vaughan so much as both individuals and as a couple. Kelly is one of the strongest characters. I have to say she was way nicer than I could ever have been to Vaughan's family to make sure their girls got to spend time with his family when his mom treated her so badly. I loved that Kelly always put the needs of her daughters above any of her personal feelings so they would always have family around them. Vaughan really only needed to grow up and see what he was missing out on to realize how much his family, and especially Kelly really meant to him. I love it took Kelly getting engaged for Vaughan to finally step up to be the man both Kelly and their girls needed in their lives.

Kelly and Vaughan have some of the hottest chemistry of any of the couples in this series. Since this is a Lauren Dane book and she writes some of the hottest sex scenes ever, that is totally saying something. My kindle was smoking each and every time Kelly and Vaughan were together. I will say I absolutely loved that Kelly made Vaughan wait for them to be together once he moved back in. Making him sleep in the guest room and only come in her room to talk made me respect her even more, especially since Kelly still wanted Vaughan every bit as much as he wanted her.

Vaughan had some big mistakes to make up for from his past and I loved that Kelly didn't give him a pass on one single thing. Yes he was stepping up and being the husband and father he was always meant to be, but he still had to atone for his mistakes and I just about cried when he finally told his parents the truth of his mistakes in his relationship with Kelly. He knew he would disappoint them, yet Kelly and his children were more important than his image with his parents. I think that was the point I totally fell for Vaughan, as I wanted him to prove himself every bit as much as Kelly did.

Back to You is the end of the Hurley Boys series and I actually put off reading it for a bit after the release as I was so sad to see the series end. Back to You was the absolute perfect ending to this series. I loved watching all the brothers find happiness and each of their perfect mates. 





No comments: