Wednesday, July 15, 2015

PLAYING WITH PLEASURE REVIEW

PLEASURE HAS NEVER BEEN SO DECADENT . . . 

Paige Moore has a fulfilling business designing couture corsets for her high profile clientele, but her love life is sorely lacking. Being burned in the worst way possible by Sawyer Burrows has left her guarded and wary when it comes to men and their motives. When her best friend presents her with an invitation to The Players Club, she embraces the chance to enjoy a hot night with a stranger, and finally put her past heartbreak, and Sawyer, behind her. 

Sawyer knows he devastated Paige with his careless actions a year and a half ago, and he's lived every day since with those regrets. Now, seeing Paige at The Players Club, he knows this is his chance to make amends and prove that there is still something between them worth pursuing. If sensual pleasure is what Paige is looking for, then he intends to be the man to spend the night seducing every part of her. 

Paige's surrender is Sawyer's ultimate goal, but once her desires are sated, will she give them the second chance they deserve? 

Every once in a while both Nikki and I want to review the same book. I figure it can only give more readers the chance to get 2 different opinions on a book. My review will post next week, but I wanted to make sure Nikki’s review posted during release week.

Release Date: July 13, 2015
The Players Club book 2
Review copy provided by the publisher

Nikki’s Review:

Hot Damn! I can’t get enough of this series! I may have squealed a little when this book hit my Kindle! The cover…the cover is nothing short of delicious. I picked up this book on a Saturday morning with the intention of just reading a chapter or two before I started my household chores. Well that was shot to hell. I didn’t get my chores completed…or get off the couch. I didn’t put it down until I finished it!

Paige is devastated when Sawyer betrays her in the worst possible way. Yet, even after not seeing him for a year and a half, her heart still skips a beat when she runs into him at The Players Club. And who can blame her because he is completely yummy. Now, I know I said that Sawyer betrayed Paige. But I have to be honest and tell you that there isn’t any intentional cheating in this book. Does that make sense? I can’t read books where either of the characters cheat. But the circumstances in this book are so completely different…I promise!

The Players Club is all about decadence and indulging in your wildest fantasies. Paige goes there with the intention of letting loose and moving on from Sawyer. Instead he shows her that there is still smokin’ hot chemistry between them and he is in fact, her wildest fantasy. I fell a little in love with Sawyer. He’s beautiful, inside and out. He has this honesty about him that drew me. You know what he’s feeling, he doesn’t play any games. Poor Paige is struggling with her self-confidence and body image. I believed that Sawyer loved and lusted after the whole package that made Paige who she was. I was so clearly able to relate to her issues. I swear, Paige's insecurities could have been my own. I felt them that strongly. Thank you Ms. Wilde for writing such a believable and honest struggle. 

Paige struggles with letting Sawyer back into her heart and he puts up a fight that no woman would be able to resist! These two together are absolutely combustible. They have a kind of connection that leaps off the page. I wanted them to be real, to know them. The love scenes are nothing short of drool worthy. There’s just enough of a kink factor that kept it oh so delectable but didn’t overwhelm me. Sweet baby Jesus, Sawyer knows how to tie a knot…in just the right places!

There was a bit of a Cinderella story going on. The evil stepsister Ashley is a horrible wench who rips at Paige’s heart and confidence at every turn. Not to mention she’s trying to get her tentacles into Sawyer. I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted to hurt a fictional character more. The relationship between Paige and her stepsister is tragic because all she really wants is a connection to something, to family. I found myself actually feeling bad for Ashley at times. You get a sense that she’s searching for something too. She’s a vapid bitch but there’s an underlying reason, and it’s sad.

Slowly, or maybe not so slowly since Sawyer bulldozed through all of her walls and apprehensions, Paige starts to open up and gain more of a backbone. She takes life by the balls and takes what she wants, what she deserves. I really enjoyed this progression of the heroine’s character. It was natural. She needed to feel all these emotions that were quite often difficult. But it shaped her into who she wanted and needed to be.


I’m not sure there’s any other way to explain how I felt about this book, except to say that I adored it! There’s a solid plot, likeable characters ( and one awful stepsister ), and enough bed yoga to keep your face burning! I can hardly wait for book 3. I’m kinda hoping that Erika Wilde cuts back on sleeping and a social life so I can get my greedy fingers on it soon. I’m kidding…not really.

No comments: