Thursday, April 24, 2014

Burn For You

Burn For You (Boys of the South Book #5) is the newest release from Marquita Valentine. The release date was April 21, 2014. From the back cover.~


Beau Montgomery is not the typical single dad for three reasons:

1.      He’s rich and famous.
2.      He needs a nanny, like yesterday.
3.      He has no idea if eight month old, Mia, is actually his daughter.

Only, number three doesn’t matter to him at all, because he’s determined to give up everything to be a standup dad, including racing, partying, and his very favorite vice, women. Until that is, he’s invited to race at Monaco—a dream he’s always had. Now, all those things he’d sworn to give up are at his fingertips, including the very inconveniently hot nanny, Landry Basnight, who’s travelling with him

Landry Basnight is the typical college graduate for three reasons:

1.      She’s broke and in debt up to her eyeballs.
2.      She needs a job, like yesterday.
3.      Nothing exciting ever happens in her life.

Only, number three is about to change, because she’s been hired by Beau Montgomery, son of NASCAR Racing Royalty. Landry’s parents are big fans of the Montgomerys, while she couldn’t care less—all she wants to do is make a dent in her student loan bill. However, that doesn’t stop her from falling in love with her little charge, nor does it make it easier to resist Beau’s charms.  In fact , she doesn’t resist at all.

Lines are crossed and then forgotten as Beau and Landry grow closer, but when Beau’s ex-girlfriend, the woman he’s loved since high school, and Mia’s mother shows up, everything starts to fall apart for the new couple.

Will their love weather the storm, or will Beau abandon Landry for the family he’s always wanted?

I’m a huge fan of Marquita Valentine. I was lucky enough to get an early review copy of Burn For You and have to say I fell hard and fast for Beau in this book.

I’ve loved all the books in this series and seem to add a new book boyfriend to my list with each book. Have to say that I don’t think anyone can top Beau in this series. I love a sexy man, but add in a sexy man who loves a little girl who might not even be his, and you have a heart-melting hero.

I really wasn’t a fan of Beau’s ex Paisley through much of the book. I felt like she was stringing him along and using Mia to keep him around. I kind of felt like she was trying to keep Landry and Beau apart when Landry first took the job as nanny to Mia, and it made me dislike her even more. However, I loved that Landry made such a huge effort to make sure Paisley could still see and talk to Mia each day while they were all in Monaco. It honestly made me love Landry even more than I already did.

Beau and Landry were a super sweet couple. Landry and Beau had pretty great chemistry from the moment they met, yet really did try and fight their mutual attraction to make sure Mia came first. I loved Landry and Beau together and thought they made the sweetest little family with Mia in the mix. I honestly saw them as a family pretty much from the moment Landry started working as Mia’s nanny and was worried Paisley would continue to try and mess with Beau’s life. I never really saw the truth about what was going on with Paisley and really felt bad about much I didn’t like her. I did actually end up having respect for Paisley by the end of the book.

Burn For You is an amazing addition to the Boys of the South series. While this book can easily be read as a stand-alone, the first 4 books in the series are fabulous too and I highly recommend reading the books in order.






No comments: