Sunday, January 05, 2014

Never Stopped Loving You

Never Stopped Loving You is the 1st book in the Chester Farms series from author Keri Ford. The release date was December 2, 2013 and the publisher is Carina Press. From the back cover.~

At eighteen, Kara Duncan had already made her fair share of mistakes, choosing the wrong boy and earning herself a bad reputation in the process. Hurt and humiliated, she'd packed up and moved on, sure that everyone in Bella Warren, Arkansas, would be better off without her. She'd planned never to return, but when crisis strikes, she has nowhere else to turn.

After seven years, Wade Chester thought his feelings for Kara were finally ancient history. Until he sees her again, standing on his front porch just as she'd done a million times before. She needs his help--and his family's crops--if her canning business is going to survive. The rest of his family has let bygones be bygones, so why is it so hard for him to let go of the past?

While Kara claims to be interested only in putting things right, the old heat flaring between them is undeniable. But Wade will need to risk his heart--and the reputation of his farm--to prove that they're meant to be together.

Never Stopped Loving You was the first book I read by Keri Ford, but it won’t be my last.  I was contacted by the author and offered a review copy with the promise of an honest review. I received my review copy through NetGalley.

I loved watching Kara and Wade’s romance rekindle after being apart for 7 years. I also loved Kara reconnecting with her best friend, Whitney, and Wade’s little sister too. The reconnection with both Wade and Whitney were so important to Kara finally feeling like she belonged in Bella Warren again.

While I loved watching Kara and Wade fall in love again, I think the reconnection between Kara and Whitney was every bit as important to Kara feeling like she was home again in Bella Warren. The friendship between Whitney and Kara was so true to real friends. Even after being apart for 7 years, they were able to pretty much pick up right where they left off.

Kara is really a very strong character. She has completely turned her life around after making mistakes as a teen. While she is a strong character, she also is very vulnerable and I love that she talks to Wade’s mom to get centered and see who she really is now.

The chemistry between Kara and Wade was there from the moment they saw each other for the first time. I really loved them as a couple and thought their chemistry only got stronger the more time they were together.  I loved watching them fall in love all over again.

I’m looking forward to more books from Keri Ford and her Chester Farms series. I’m also really excited there are books from her backlist I can read now. Ms. Ford writes a story filled with emotion, humor and lots of love.






No comments: