Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Complete Me


Complete Me is the 3rd book in the Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner. The publisher is Random House Publishing Group -Bantam Dell, and the release day was July 30, 2013. From the back cover.~

This sexy, emotionally charged romance continues the story of Damien Stark, the powerful multimillionaire who’s never had to take “no” for an answer, and Nikki Fairchild, the Southern belle who only says “yes” on her own terms.

Our desire runs deep. But our secrets cut close. Beautiful, strong, and commanding, Damien Stark fills a void in me that no other man can touch. His fierce cravings push me beyond the brink of bliss—and unleash a wild passion that utterly consumes us both.

Yet beneath his need for dominance, he carries the wounds of a painful past. Haunted by a legacy of dark secrets and broken trust, he seeks release in our shared ecstasy, the  heat between us burning stronger each day.

Our attraction is undeniable, our obsession inevitable. Yet not even Damien can run from his ghosts, or shield us from the dangers yet to come.

I was lucky enough to be approved for a review copy from NetGalley thanks to the publisher. I couldn't wait to see what happened between Nikki and Damien in Complete Me and started reading as soon as the review copy appeared on my kindle.

I personally think Ms. Kenner did an amazing job with this trilogy. I've loved both Nikki and Damien's characters from the very beginning and loved watching each of them grow not only as individuals but as a couple throughout the series.

I had figured out Damien's secret much as Nikki had long before he shared it with her. As private as Damien is, even though he is always in the spotlight, I totally understood him going to trial rather than letting his past come to light. I loved that Nikki loved him enough to support his decision. Nikki has become much stronger with each installment in this trilogy. She still tends to whine a bit too much for my liking, but she is strong enough to do whatever it takes to love and protect Damien.

I have to admit, the person going after Damien threw me for a loop. I honestly never thought this individual would do anything that might hurt Damien, but it fit perfectly once I thought out all the clues. I will say parts of this book broke my heart, and yet I still loved it so much. The passion shared between Damien and Nikki is off the charts hot, and I love how much they truly need one another.

In my opinion, Ms. Kenner did an amazing job with the wrap-up of this trilogy. I won't say I wouldn't love to visit with Nikki and Damien in the future, because I would. However, if there are no more books with them as the main characters, as a reader, I got the ending I wanted and the characters deserved.

No comments: