Sunday, March 03, 2013

Night Blade


Night Blade (Colbana Files) is the 2nd book in the Colbana Files series from author J.C. Daniels.  The official release date is set for March 4, 2013 and the publisher is Shiloh Walker, Inc. From the author’s website.~

Kit Colbana is always biting off more than she can chew. She has a knack for finding trouble. This time, though, trouble finds her. Someone from her past drops a case into her lap that she just can’t refuse…literally.

People on the Council are dying left and right and she’s been requested to investigate the deaths. The number one suspect? Her lover, Damon. If she doesn’t clear his name, he gets a death sentence. Even if she succeeds? They still might try to execute him. Oh, and she’s not allowed to tell him about the case, either.

The stakes are high this time around, higher than they’ve ever been. Kit may be forced to pay the ultimate price to save her lover’s life…a price that could destroy her and everything she loves.

I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Night Blade from NetGalley thanks to the publisher. I fell in love with this series while reading Blade Song and have been counting down the days until Night Blade would be released.

Kit really is one of my favorite characters ever. She is so strong, yet has a vulnerability about her as well. I love the romance between Damon and Kit, and love how each will do anything to protect the other. When Kit’s friend Justin hires her to look into the suspicious deaths, she is forced to do everything possible to find the evidence to save Damon, while not telling anyone what is going on thanks to a binding charm placed on her by Justin. We got to see many of Kit’s friends and Damon’s pack mates over the course of this book. We also got to see my least favorite character in the series, Jude again. Have to say the hatred I felt for Jude before only grew with this book.

There is always so much information in a J.C. Daniels book, I feel like I would be giving away some major plot points if I say too much about the book. I will say I absolutely loved this book even as much of the story absolutely ripped my heart out. I love this series so much, I’m already dying to read the next book in the series, Broken Blade to see what happens next with Kit, Damon and everyone else in this series.

2 comments:

Jen Twimom said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading. You know how much love I have for this book. Thank you for helping me out when it got tough! Maybe we will have to do a group read with the next one!

mslizalou said...

Love that idea!!! I need it too if the next one is as tough as this one.