Friday, September 10, 2010

Reading and Running Updates

So, once again I've gotten behind on posting my thoughts on books I've read recently. My plan is to post about all 3 books I've read in the last couple of weeks this weekend. The three wonderful books I've read recently are Faerie Fire by Silver James, Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts, and Lucky Streak by Carly Phillips.

However, tomorrow morning I have my first long run with my half marathon training group before I go shopping and hopefully find a couple of pairs of dress pants and some jeans. Most of my dress pants don't fit anymore, and none of my jeans fit. So changing over from Weight Watchers to calorie counting/fat gram counting is really working for me. In the past 3 weeks, I've cut out the majority of the carbs from my diet and have started to run more miles each week. I am slowly adding back in carbs (fruits and whole grains), and will know on Monday if it is a problem.

I also am upping my run time in my intervals. I even managed to run almost an entire mile last night before I had to walk. I really hoping to have my walk time reduced significantly before I run in my first half marathon. I had upped my run/walk interval to run 5 minutes and walk 1 minute. I was feeling so good at the end of the first 5 minutes; I decided to see how long I could actually run without walking. I made it 11 minutes before I had to walk and ran a distance of .95 miles in that time. Pretty sure if I had just run for another minute I would have run my first mile without any walking. I would love to be able to run my first mile in the morning without walking, but will see how I feel when I get started. I do plan on running at least one of the six miles tomorrow without walking, just not sure if it will be at the beginning or the end.

So after my run, clothes shopping, grocery shopping, and the regular weekend cleaning, I'll start working on my 3 post for the weekend. Also hope to find some time over the weekend to read one of the 4 books I'm currently reading.

1 comment:

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE said...

Being a new runner myself, it's great reading about your progress. I started running in April and have been managing 3x a week. I find it's the best cardio workout for me . Keep up the great work!