Sunday, August 22, 2010

Passion Unleashed


Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione is the third book in her popular Demonica series. From the back cover.~

Forbidden Temptations

Serena Kelley is an archaeologist and treasure hunter-and a woman with a secret. Since she was seven, she’s been the keeper of a powerful charm that grants her health and immortality…as long as she stays a virgin. But Serena isn’t all that innocent. And when a dangerously handsome stranger brings her to the brink of ecstasy, she wonders if she’s finally met the one man she cannot resist.

Fatal Desires

Wraith is a Seminus demon with a death wish. But when an old enemy poisons him, he must find Serena and persuade her to give him the only known antidote in the universe-her charm. Yet, as she begins to surrender to his seductions and Wraith senses the sure is within his grasp, he realizes a horrible truth: He’s falling for the woman whose life he must take in order to save his own life.

I was late getting to this series, but I’m so glad I found it, as it is one of my favorite series out right now. I’ve had a soft spot for Wraith since the first book and was so happy to get to read his story. He is part vampire and part Seminus demon, but hates the vampire side of himself because of the abuse from his mother and her people. Serena Kelley pretty much has no fear, since she knows she can’t be hurt due to her charm. However, she starts to suffer small injuries and realizes something is not right with her charm anymore. Upon meeting Wraith, who she believes is actually someone else, she knows her charm is in danger. She has never been so attracted to anyone and isn’t sure she can continue to fight her attraction to Wraith. Wraith, who has never thought of anyone but himself and his brothers, realizes he has real feelings for Serena. Thinking of her before himself, he is willing to die so she can live, until he discovers the poison that is killing him could eventually kill his brothers too.

I loved watching Wraith fall and start thinking of someone other than himself. He had been through so much with the torture him mother and her followers inflicted on him, he had every right to be selfish and think of himself first. He does love his brothers, but as I read the series, I knew it would take a super special woman to win his heart. Serena, with all her strength, is the perfect woman for Wraith.

Ecstasy Unveiled is the next book in this series and I currently have it in my TBR pile. Sin Undone, which release date is 8/24/10, is the final book in this series. I’ve held off reading Ecstasy Unveiled until I have Sin Undone in my hands, so I can read the final two books back to back.

1 comment:

Mar said...

I love this series so hard!