Sunday, April 18, 2010

Painting with Friends


So I promised to post my painting if it totally didn't suck. I really did have a great time learning to paint with my friends. We went to the artist's home and we had each voted to pick one of his painting to paint. Jason Erwin is the artist and he made the entire experience really fun. He pretty much told us anything we did was right and there was no wrong thing in art(so different from what my art teacher told me in school). I openly admit not to have much artistic talent and there were many others in our group who were just as worried about the painting as me. It was fun to see how each of us did our own thing with the same painting. I do think the painting looks much better from a distance than up close, still enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure we will do it again at some point. I don't have a copy of the picture with all of us together with our paintings, but I know my friends will be posting it on facebook soon, so I'll post it to my facebook page.

2 comments:

Paula R said...

Hey Liza, that looks good. I wouldn't have been able to do anything like that. I like this art teacher of yours...LOL!!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Peace and love,
Paula R.

mslizalou said...

Paula, if I can paint anyone can. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. It really was lots of fun. Everyone got to pick how many trees they would use(I did 3 to represent my 3 nieces) and how many circle in and around the trees. Some people also added dashes around the trees, but I was done by that point.